Moore Bros. Gen’l Merchandise had been a very important part of Magnolia Springs history for seventy-five years. The current location was built in 1922 and served the community faithfully until it’s closing in 1993.
Charlie and Janie Houser purchased the store in 1997 and the old Post Office building next door soon after. Charlie grew up in Magnolia Springs, and wanted to bring the store back to life, not only for sentimental reasons, but for the obvious reason that it was sorely needed.
Naming the eatery “Jesse’s” didn’t need an explanation to the locals. Everyone remembered Jesse King, the constant, beloved fixture at Moore’s Store, who reportedly hadn’t missed a day of work there for over 60 years! He was always ready with a quick smile, warm greeting, and the latest tid-bit of news. “Jesse’s” is a tribute to Jesse King, and we hope that he is lookin’ down on us with a big smile!
Jesse’s Restaurant is located within walking distance of the Magnolia Springs Bed & Breakfast.
Jesse’s Restaurant: http://www.jessesrestaurant.com (251) 965-3827