- 1/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar (do not use Light Brown)
- 2 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
Combine first 3 ingredients and set aside
- 2 Lg Granny Smith Apples cored and peeled and cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 4 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 can (10 count) Biscuits
- Roll out biscuits till slightly larger then the apple rings
- Place on jelly roll pan lined with Parchment Paper
- Divide the grated cheese evenly on the biscuits
- Top with Apple Ring
- Top with Sugar mixture mainly on the apple ring and small amount in hole in middle
- Using small spoon drizzle drops of butter around apple to help caramelize the sugar topping. Use sparingly and don’t get on bread or center because with the cheese it gets to be too slippery and your ring will fall off to a side during cooking. If this happens just wait till baking is finished and re assemble the ring on top. Don’t try this mid baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx 13-14 minutes.