Just One Great Way To Spend Time in The Area:
Sweet Home Farm Cheeses 27107 Schoen Road , Elberta, AL 36530 Open Friday & Saturday ONLY 10am-5pm 251-986-5663
Alyce Birchenough and Doug Wolbert opened the cheese farm located in Elberta, AL in 1985. Their own Guernsey cows have access to regionally grown grains and fresh pasture grasses. Their cows transform grass into milk, and they convert that milk into cheese. Using no pesticides, herbicides or growth hormones on the farm, natural cheeses are processed using enzymes and salt, and aged for a minimum of 60 days.
- Elberta – house recipe, semi-soft slightly tart
- Montabella – firm, sharp Italian style cheese
- Alpine Duo & Alpine Trio — natural rind cheeses mountain styles
- Perdido – layered with herb ash producing an herbal, smoky flavor
- Bayside Blue – sharp, buttery, firm and creamy
- Pepato Asiago – pungent Italian with whole peppercorns
- Cheese Fudge – dairy confection made with our cheese.
We have a brand new YouTube Channel complete with new videos. They are humorous and well worth sharing. Special Thanks To A Better Way To Stay for contributing videos that you will be seeing in various media outlets.
No matter what your interests, we have Alabama Vacation Packages for you. For 2 night stays near Gulf Shores, Alabama or Quick Last Minute Lodging Getaways, Alabama B&Bs and Inns are the best choice for Gulf Coast Travel and Tourism.