Below you will find an incredible dairy and gluten free Belgian waffle recipe that serves 12. Being healthy has never tasted so good. Top it off with your favorite waffle toppings. Come experience these waffles for yourself at our top rated Alabama bed and breakfast.
Diary & Gluten Free Belgian Waffle Ingredients:
- 4 cups finely ground almond flour
- 2 cups tapioca starch/flour
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 Tbsp. flax meal + ¾ cup warm water
- 2 cups almond milk
- 4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- Combine almond flour, tapioca starch and baking powder. Wisk to combine well.
- In a small bowl combine flax meal and warm water and set aside until thick and egg like
- In an ex-large bowl combine almond milk, and apple cider vinegar. Allow to sit while you melt the coconut oil in microwave or on the stove.
- To the almond milk and ACV mixture add flax meal, maple syrup, vanilla and last the coconut oil. Whisk well to combine and quickly add to dry ingredients. Otherwise the coconut oil will start to harden and clump.
- Stir batter just until combined. Do not over stir and leave slightly clumpy.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle iron (size according to manufacturer) I use about 9-10 ocs in a Presto Flip-Side Belgian Waffle Maker and cook approx. 5 minutes until golden brown. This recipe makes 6 but half of one is about all anyone eats so this is enough for approx. 12 people. I serve it with breakfast potatoes and a poached egg.
- Top with fresh fruit like banana, strawberries, blueberries, peanut butter, dairy free butter, caramel syrup, real maple syrup and more. A
TIP: adding additional sweet syrups might not be necessary because of the sweet flavor it already has.
TIP: I freeze mine ahead of time and reheat(straight from freezer to oven) in a 375 degree oven for 10 min. flipping it midway and it is perfect, allowing time to get this done in a flash any morning I need one. Great for when company is coming and you want something healthy and don’t want to spend any time in the kitchen and just enjoy your guest! This is unlike any grain and dairy free bread you have ever eaten. No-one will know unless you tell them afterward. It’s light fluffy and shockingly delicious!