As if the beautiful guest rooms, mouthwatering breakfasts, and warm hospitality were not enough reason to choose Magnolia Springs Bed and Breakfast as your home away from home, our unbeatable location also makes it a true gem! Our Gulf Coast Inn is just a short drive from the idyllic town of Fairhope, Alabama. A stay at our place is the perfect excuse to spend a little time exploring this neighboring town. Read on for our personal recommendations on what to see, do, and eat to have the perfect Fairhope experience during your next getaway in Alabama!
Soak Up the Scenery
Famous for its breathtaking views of Mobile Bay and its romantic, picture-perfect downtown, Fairhope is well worth the 20-mile drive from our Inn. When you arrive, we recommend first driving along Alabama’s Coastal Connection Scenic Byway to soak up the sites and sounds of the Gulf Coast. If you want to tour the town on two wheels instead of four, you can rent a single-speed cruiser at The Fairhope Store or a 21-speed trek bike at Infinity Bicycles. Anywhere along the Eastern Shore will boast stunning bay views and oak-canopied roadways. Check out this guide for tips on where to cruise. When the evening comes, take in a fiery Fairhope sunset from the famous Bucky’s Lounge at the Grand Hotel 1847 with a cocktail in hand. If biking has you tuckered out, scheduling a treatment at Moonstone Massage with our dear friend Jeannie Jaeger is always a good idea!
Discover Treasures to Take Home
Whether you’re a casual window browser or a shopping enthusiast, you are sure to find a new favorite shop or two among Fairhope’s charming downtown. A few of our favorites include:
- Page and Palette – This darling bookstore and coffeeshop will have you lost in a sea of pages and caffeine in no time.
- Christmas Round the Corner – Open year-round since 1993, this shop decks the halls better than anyone. Browse holiday decor and feel festive the moment you walk in!
- Ole Bay Mercantile – Enjoy browsing this eclectic store, featuring a magical mix of unique gifts, accessories, home decor, and more.
- Bouch’s Cigars – Choose from over 350 different types of premium cigars!
- Punta Clara Kitchen – Located in a historic home built in 1897, this is a fun place to shop for candies and other goodies, all perfected by treasured family recipes. (Note that Punta Clara Kitchen is located in Point Clear, 10 minutes outside of Fairhope but is worth the short drive!)
Satisfy Your Every Craving
Be sure to show up in Fairhope with an appetite! We have more recommendations than there are meals in a day, but we want you to have choices! Some of the best places to dine are:
- Andree’s – Choose from a mouthwatering spread of specialty foods, cheese, wine, and items from the in-house bakery.
- Master Joe’s – Owner and Innkeeper, David describes this location as having the best sushi he has ever had, hands down! With 20 years of visits in his history, you know his opinion can be trusted.
- Panini Pete’s – Known as one of Alabama’s most iconic restaurants, there’s no better spot to grab a homemade sandwich with a side of fresh-cut fries.
- Sage Restaurant – The best place to go for authentic Lebanese cuisine.
- Warehouse Bakery & Donuts – A neighborhood bakery and eatery in the warehouse district, look forward to made-from-scratch goods featuring the best locally-sourced ingredients. And the best part? Some of our closest friends run this fabulous carb-lover’s paradise.
- Fairhope Brewing – Sample from more than 15 craft brews, always on tap!
- The Wash House – Close out a night in Fairhope with a casual atmosphere and impeccable dishes.
Explore the Unique Side of the South
A trip to Fairhope isn’t complete without visiting the famous Fairhope Municipal Pier, a quarter-mile destination with landscaped rose gardens, picnic areas, walking trails, duck ponds, a restaurant, and more. Take a stroll and see what you find. Story Book Castles is another site you cannot miss. Sheldon and Mosher Castles are enchanting homes with a fairytale charm you can’t help but adore. Come look around, take photos, and enjoy these historic gems. Fairhope also has a rich history to discover. Visit the Battle of Mobile Bay and learn how the Civil War Trail affected the area, visit the Fairhope Museum of History to gain an appreciation for the city’s backstory, and finally, stop by the Eastern Shore Art Center to marvel at the creations of talented local artists.
Stay in Comfort & Style
When a full day of exploration is done, take comfort (literally) in having a wonderful room to come home to and enjoy back at our beautiful Alabama Inn. Our romantic guest rooms feature modern amenities, private baths, and plush beds you will never want to leave. When you do awake, you will have a full and hearty 3-course breakfast to savor with a hot cup of coffee. Look forward to experiencing all of this and more during your next Gulf Shores retreat. We can’t wait to welcome you with the kind of southern hospitality that brings our beloved guests like you back again and again!Book Now